3.03.2011

Stuck

After reading GFF's post today, I was so happy for her that she has found her happy place.  And then I started about thinking about what would get me to find my happy place.  I feel like for the most part I try to be a happy person and appreciate the wonderful blessings we have in our life.  But I am often get bogged down in worry and defeat and end up feeling stuck.  It's a terrible feeling, one that I want out of my life forever, but that's just not realistic I guess.  Just ready for a shift to the more positive!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what to do with my career.  And I'm sure the few, if any, readers I have are tired of me talking about work.  But it's a place where I spend a TON of my time, and right now it's just not making me happy.  Don't get me wrong, there are some definite good things in my job - I enjoy what I actually do for the most part, just hate some of the circumstances that are involved with doing it.  However, when I think about what my other options are, I just can't move forward to see any.  Right now, I do campus recruiting - I had a few calls randomly this week about agency or high volume type recruiting, but I just really don't see myself being interested in that type of work. 

So now the question is: is that my only option if I stay in this field?   And if it is and it doesn't appeal to me, then what next?  It is so frustrating to be in these shoes.  I feel like here I am, almost 10 years after graduating from college (yikes!) and I still don't know what I want to do with my life.  I don't remember anyone telling me when I was younger how difficult it would be to manage my career.  I guess it would be easier if I knew I was passionate about a certain career - like if I wanted to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher.  But I guess I still don't really know what I want to do or be.  All I know is I can't imagine my life in this same spot for another 5 years, which is where I feel I will be stuck if I stay.  I wish there was a test you could take and it would help guide you.  I just have many interests and every time I think I find a path, there is a roadblock.  I just hope I can get unstuck soon....

No comments: