4.21.2011

Crazy weeks!

I don't really have time to post right now but want to at least say something.  I started off the week more positive than last week at least.  I've come to the realization that even though it's not fair or right, the things my boss says and does are things that are out of my control, and apparently I have no recourse other than to move forward and hope one of these days she gets the karma she deserves.  If I complain too much or make an issue out of it, it makes me look immature and unprofessional - even though I'm right!!! - so I just have to move on.  I can't fix it right now, but it will get fixed one way or another eventually. 

On Monday afternoon, I received a call from my mom that my grandmother had been taken to the hospital that morning and wasn't doing well.  I knew then that it was her time, and by Tuesday evening, she had passed away.  It was peaceful and she was almost 104 (her 104th birthday would have been 5/5/11) so it was time.  When I saw her last (March 2010), she seemed like she was stuck in her body.  Her mind was still there, but she wasn't as happy and she felt like she was burdening everyone around her.  It was her time and I'm sad and I will miss her, but I am at peace knowing she is now at peace and with my grandfather and happy once again.  I was blessed to have much longer time with her than I really should have.  (And if you are wondering how my grandmother was almost 104, she had my mom went she was 35 and my mom had me when she was 37). 

Since she died in Florida (where my parents live and I grew up), they are embalming her there and then shipping her by plane back up to Pennsylvania.  We leave a week from today to go up there, pick out the final details (ugh!), and then hopefully have the service next Friday (4/29) and then we will fly back on Sunday after spending the weekend with family up there. 

January & February of 2011 were pretty rough - March renewed my faith that 2011 could be okay, and now April has been rough again.  I'm hoping that May will bring good things again!  :)  I will probably be in and out until after the funeral because I have a lot of work to get done both at work and at home, but I'll try to at least check in.  Hope you all are doing well and hope to talk to you again soon!

P.S. One other good piece of news - I just got my iPhone today (my other phone just couldn't last any longer and I figured I might as well get it before they take away the policy where I could get reimbursed for it!) so hopefully I can more often add photos and posts by phone!

No comments: