5.14.2009

Back to School?

For awhile now, I have really felt a strong desire to challenge myself further in life and my career. I have especially become interested in a Masters in Management degree since I feel like it will help sharpen my business skills, introduce me to more specific marketing skills, and still open doors for HR type positions as well. Plus I found out that my company does tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount, so I'm seriously considering taking them up on that option and getting a Masters degree. I figure if they aren't going to help me further my career within the company, I might as well get them to help me further my career somewhere else.

So I've been looking around at online degree options since I don't think I would have time between work and family to actually attend classrooms once or twice a week. I have found two programs that seem fairly good - one at Dallas Baptist and one at Indiana Wesleyan. I also had found a program through Texas A&M-Commerce, but after reading rankings and things, I think it might be a waste to complete my education there since it is a Tier 4 school whereas the others are both Tier 1 schools.

My biggest hesitation now is trying to figure out whether it's worth the time/money. I don't know enough about what I could possibly do with my skills to know whether or not it will make a difference. I also don't know if I have the additional money to cover the tuition plus books and fees. It is something I need to do further research on and the sooner the better if I want to start in the fall. So for now, I have just requested information on the programs and am looking into possible options.

I just feel like I need something to challenge myself. I'm frustrated by doing nothing yet don't really know what to do. I am usually a happy person for the most part, but right now I'm having trouble focusing on happiness because so many balls seem up in the air and I'm confused about where to go next. I know I will figure it out soon enough, but it's frustrating in the meantime while I try to make sense of all that is going on in my world! At least I'm thankful to have a loving husband (even though he is grumpy a lot lately too!) and a cutie little boy.

No comments: