7.07.2010

Updates

First and foremost, I PASSED MY TEST!  I took it a week ago today, and I am still in disbelief that it came up as passed.  I mean I studied my butt off and knew the material pretty well, but still I was just worried because I'm not always the best test taker and only about 58% of people pass it at all, let alone on the first try.  I'm so excited!  Now, I get to have fancy letters behind my name - ha!  It is good for 3 years and then I can either renew by doing continuing education or sit for the next level up test.  So depending on what I am doing at that point in my life, I will figure it out if I 1) still want/need it and 2) if so, I will probably try to get the next level up.  This place may do lots of things, but they can't take it this away from me!  :)  I have proudly added it to my signature, and when I told one of my managers (yes I did say one of!), he told me that's great, but please don't leave...if only they would do something about it so I could stay! 

The door that I thought was possibly opening was just a fake one apparently.  ;)  After not hearing from the manager for almost a week, I e-mailed the original recruiter who had e-mailed me from the start about the position.  He waited almost a week to get back to me to tell me that they had been busy but that they had decided to go with a candidate they had interviewed a few weeks ago.  What the heck?!  Why did they even bother talking to me or acting like they were interested if they had another candidate in mind?  I even received an e-mail from the manager immediately after our phone conversation about how she really was looking forward to hearing back from me, etc.  It definitely gave me a bad taste for that company, so I doubt I would EVER consider anything with them in the future.  That is just bad business and especially in the field I am already in, they should know better than to treat me that way.  Oh well - their loss!!! 

In the meantime, I'm focusing on working through my second class of three to get my masters certificate, and then when that is all done and work slows down again at the holidays, I will see what my options are.  They are SUPPOSEDLY making some changes around here soon, so we'll see what if anything happens and how it affects me, but in the meantime, I'll just keep my open and let fate takes its course.  I know God will provide for me when the time is ready and at least I have a good job in the meantime.  Now if only I could figure out a way to get my boss out of my business all the time!  ;) 

Gotta run for now because I"ve been busy at work trying to get stuff done and preparing for to be out of the office for 8 working days when we had to Alaska!  I'm getting excited for it - hoping my mom can behave for that long, but regardless, I think it will be an amazing trip and at least I get to spend some vacation time away from this place and no laptop this time so it will be nice!  8 more days until we are off to luxury!  Talk to you soon!

No comments: