5.03.2011

Travel is my new middle name

I enjoy traveling for pleasure.  I don't particularly enjoy traveling for work (moreso because I miss my hubby and son, than because of the actual travel), but it is okay and I enjoy the miles and points.  :)  However, these next couple of weeks are a bit crazy on the travel front!

Last Thursday morning bright and early, my hubby and I jumped on a plane to Philly for my grandmother's funeral on Friday.  We stayed the weekend with my aunt and uncle and it was nice to have some family time.  Then we came back late Sunday night (cheapest flights are always first thing in the morning and late at night - grr!).  I was at work yesterday and today.  Then I will work from home tomorrow until around lunchtime and then head back to the airport, this time with my son in tow.  He and I will fly to Florida tomorrow for the "celebration of life" on Thursday for my grandmother (it just made sense to do something there since she knew so many people there even though she wanted to be buried in PA, and 5/5 would have been her 104th birthday) and then fly back home on Friday afternoon so we can enjoy one weekend at home together all 3 of us.  Then Monday afternoon I have to fly to Boston for work until Thursday night (don't get in until 8:45 pm!) and my parents fly in that day (already planned before all of this other family stuff obviously) for my son's PreK graduation on Friday evening.  They are in town next weekend from Thursday evening to early Tuesday morning and then we have about 2 weeks to ourselves.  Then on Memorial Day Monday (still bitter about this!), I have to fly BACK to Boston for work from Monday evening to Friday evening, come home and spend Saturday with my hubby and son, and then come back to work on Sunday to get ready for my intern group who starts Monday, including attending a welcome dinner that Sunday evening.  Then I have one weekend to ourselves in between, and then my mom flies out to watch our son and my hubby and his parents and brother are going to Vegas from Friday morning to Sunday evening for my father-in-law's 60th birthday.  Then after that, I am hopeful not to travel again until the fall for work (except we do plan to go to the beach the first week of August but we will drive).  Just thinking about it makes me tired!!!!

So that's my life in a nutshell right now.  I've been swamped at work and at home in between trying to get everything done and figure out what goes where and everything else.  And my mother has been incapable of making any decisions about anything so I've had to make all the decisions about the arrangements from picking the casket and clothes she would wear to be buried in (ugh!) to ordering butterflies for a butterfly memorial release we will do in Florida on Thursday evening.  It's been a whirlwind!  Let's hope I survive...and somewhere amongst all of this, I would love to find my next new opportunity so that I can challenge myself at work and get out from under my evil boss...not sure when that time will come but I'm ready for whenever it is!  :) 

Hope you all are having a less hectic few weeks than I am!!!  Hope to talk to you soon and will try to at least send picture posts occasionally since I finally got my new iPh*ne - hurray! 

1 comment:

Teagan B. Sawyer said...

WOW! Good luck these next couple of weeks.