12.20.2010

Woohoo - Go Mustangs!

For the 2nd year in a row, my S-M-U Mustangs are headed to a bowl game!  And this year, they were chosen for the Armed Forces Bowl which is normally played at the T-C-U stadium.  In a random coincidence though, T-C-U has decided to do construction on their stadium this winter, and the game was rescheduled to be played in the S-M-U stadium before the teams were even picked.  So they get to play AT HOME for their bowl game which is pretty cool! 

It's on the 30th at 11 in the morning though which is kind of random, so hubby will still be working.  I was thinking of buying some $10 general admission seats for the endzone grass section for my son and me if the weather was good, but I found out today that one of the girls I know from S-M-U and my dance class I used to take at the local community college nearby got tickets from her dad for Christmas and offered 2 of them to me!  So not only are we going to get go now but we have good seats AND a special parking pass!  I'm so excited to take my buddy to the bowl game!!!!  :)  I just ordered us some gear to wear (sadly I don't have any t-shirts from there other than old shirts from my sorority that I sleep in) and we will be all set for next week! 

The last couple of days have been great on the gift giving and fun parts of Christmas.  I was also surprised on Friday afternoon by a really nice card and $100 Visa gift card from one of my managers and one of my partners that I work for!  They told me how much they appreciated all my hard work this year and know that it has been tough but that they couldn't do it without me.  Felt really good!  :)

Let's hope this holiday giving keeps on going - definitely lightened my mood since I was otherwise stressed about the $$ situation going into these holidays, but I am so blessed to have such great friends and family to make this another great Christmas! 

2 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

That is SO awesome!!!! I'm crossing my fingers (and please cross yours too!) that we have as great of luck with tickets as you did!!!

And what an awesome note to end the year on....I am thinking that's a sign for how FABULOUS your 2011 is going to be!!!

AnEarly30 said...

I am having a lot of good luck at the end of the year so I'm hopeful that this will continue into 2011! I kind of wish I was getting my surgery over in 2010 to start the new year afresh, but hopefully it will all go well and 2011 will be my year! I'm proud of all I have accomplished this year anyways - just ready for the next great thing! :)