12.21.2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Not really, but I couldn't resist writing the lyrics to the song!  Last night, we randomly woke up around 2 am (thought about setting an alarm but never got a round to it) and so since we were (sort of) up, we decided to go outside and check out the lunar eclipse.  I think it was the first one there has been in like 172 years or something crazy and even longer since it has coincided with the winter solstice.  The moon was beautiful last night as we were driving home, and I was hoping it would still be large and clear skies when we went out at 2 am.  It was a little more cloudy and it had risen to the top of the sky so it was a bit harder to see but still very cool.  It had a reddish tint, and we tried to get pictures but it was just too hard with the cameras we had.  We got to look at it a little more up close though through the binoculars we found.  Pretty cool!  I enjoyed it even more because it was something fun that hubby and I got to share just the two of us while our son was sleeping inside.  :)  I'm a little sleepy this morning because of it but it was definitely worth it!

1 comment:

Mrs. Architect said...

LOVE THIS! I LOVE moments like that. Such special memories!!!

I was lazy and didn't want to bother interrupting my sleep and missed it. I saw it on cnn.com first thing when I got to work though! :)