4.14.2010

The Poop Hit the Fan and Now I'm Cleaning up the Mess!

So I finally got my comp letter and review last week...and let's just say it was worst than I expected.  I did get the promotion as I suspected, but the terms were awful because I will be making LESS money with my promotion than I did last year.  It sucks but I'm dealing.  I started a new workout schedule in the mornings this week to help manage everything between work, school, family, etc.  It is working and makes me more positive and awake throughout the day.  I have been talking to people at work about it and trying to figure out what to do and if anything can be changed.  I'm gathering data on the hours I worked for the past few years and making a list of the additional responsibilities I will have over the next year.  My boss isn't being helpful at all (when I asked her about it last Friday she told me she would find out more information and I haven't heard a peep from her), but I have other people on my side.  EDITED: While I have other people on my side, they are started to become defeated by my boss and the powers that be and I don't think anything will be done to change things around here.  So frustrating and sad at the same time! 

On the positive side, I'm doing well in my class and have scheduled my professional exam for the end of June (was going to wait until December-January) so I can get that done and out of the way.  So by the end of October I will be done with all of my school, can get reimbursed by my company, and then if in December or the new year something else great comes along, I will definitely be open to it!  I know the people here think I do a really good job and would be freaked out if I was to leave, so I'm holding on to that for the next year until I can figure out my next move.  :)  I'm proud of myself for dealing with this the way I am and hope I can continue to be strong and take the steps I need to take.

No comments: